- [SERVER MAINTENANCE] The services on the site will be unavailable from Sat, 16 Nov 2019 4:00 (JST) until 21:00 for server maintenance. Sorry for inconvenience.
- 31 Jan 2018 Sylpheed 3.7 (stable) has been released.
- 18 Jan 2018 Sylpheed 3.7beta1 (development) has been released.
- 29 Jun 2017 Sylpheed 3.6 (stable) has been released.
- 29 Jun 2017 The Windows binary module of Automatic Attachment Encryption Plug-in sylpheed-autoenc-plugin is available.
- 12 Jun 2017 Sylpheed 3.6beta1 (development) has been released.
- 29 Jul Sylpheed 3.5.1 (stable) has been released.
- 25 Jan Sylpheed 3.5 (stable) has been released.
- 13 Jan A generic spam filter tool SylFilter 0.7 has been released.
- 06 Jan Official announcement of bug tracking system
- 11 Aug Request for the update of PGP public key
Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client.
Sylpheed provides intuitive user-interface. Sylpheed is also designed for keyboard-oriented operation, so Sylpheed can be widely used from beginners to power users.
Sylpheed runs on many systems such as Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and other Unix-like systems.
Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended).
Sylpheed has the following features. Read more...
- Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
- Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
- Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
- Lightweight operation
- High reliability with one-mail-corresponding-to-one-file format
- Extensibility by plug-in faculty
- Powerful filtering and search
- Junk mail control
- Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
- Various protocols support
- Internationalization and Multilingualization support
- High-level Japanese processing
- Flexible cooperation with external commands