Changes of Sylpheed
* 2.1.9 (development)
* An option to update only INBOX on checking new messages of IMAP4
accounts was added.
* The custom queue folder can be specified for each account now.
* The progress of local filtering is displayed now.
* "Update summary" was added to the context menu of the folder view.
* Appending of messages to an IMAP4 folder was optimized.
* "Reply to all" now works for newsgroups post.
* The crash when an address in an address group was modified was fixed.
* The bug that subscribed newsgroups were removed after refreshing
subscribe dialog was fixed.
* The complication failure on some environments was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that blocked the application when enterning passphrase
for GnuPG was fixed.
* 2.1.8 (development)
* The common preferences dialog was reorganized.
* The memory usage on SMTP and POP3 session was reduced drastically.
* The last position of the composition window is remembered, and the
windows are automatically placed so that they don't overlap.
* Filtered sent messages are not put into Sent folder anymore.
* When attached text files are saved, their linebreaks are normalized
depending on platforms.
* The occasional encoding conversion failure bug on inserting a text file
into composition window was fixed.
* 2.1.7 (development)
* The spell checking feature was implemented (requires GtkSpell).
* The drop of files is allowed on the whole composition window.
* The insertion of text by drag and drop was disabled.
* The PGP interface is disabled if GnuPG is not available.
* A bug that aborted program if invalid UTF-8 text is put in the log
window was fixed.
* The pane between summary and message view became more visible.
* Reply-to-list is not enabled for subscribe confirmation request etc.
* The bug that the separator of newsgroups was broken was fixed.
* The bug that broke the summary selection when mark, unread, and
colorlabel flags were changed while the summary was sorted by them
* The bug that caused crash when quote colors dialog was closed by the
window close button was fixed.
* The bug that showed wrong value if the total size of a folder was more
than 2GB was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that occasionally the summary was not properly updated
right after messages were added to a folder was fixed.
* Win32: The problem that message strings were not translated if digit
locale environmental variable (such as "LANG=1041") was set was fixed.
* Win32: PGP sign and encryption was supported.
* Win32: The window focus problem of account and filter setting dialog
* Win32: The method of detecting executables was modified.
* 2.1.6 (development)
* The auto-save to draft of composing messages was implemented.
* The setting of default (fallback) encoding was added.
* The command line option '--exit' was added.
* The preset menu for junk mail learning commands was added, and now
bogofilter and bsfilter are selectable.
* The option to mark filtered junk mails as read was added.
* The buffer overflow of LDIF import was fixed.
* Win32: The external editor function was implemented.
* Win32: Junk mail filtering now works.
* Win32: The default junk mail learning commands were changed to bsfilter.
* Win32: Some options which are useless on win32 became hidden.
* Win32: The program icon was added.
* Win32: Some bugfixes were made.
* 2.1.5 (development)
* The command line option to specify directory which stores configuration
files (--configdir dirname) was added.
* The output headers of printed messages now match to those of the message
* Confirmation dialog is displayed instead of input dialog on printing.
* When replying to ML post that has the Reply-To set, both addresses will
* The option to delete filtered junk mails from server was added.
* The locale name 'zh_TW.Big5' was changed to 'zh_TW'.
* The problem that drag and drop didn't work with GTK+ 2.8 was fixed.
* The sample mime.types was included into the source package.
* Win32: The remote command was implemented using TCP socket.
* Win32: The drag and drop of files from Explorer was supported.
* Win32: The default print command for text file is used for printing when
the command is unspecified.
* Win32: Several bugfixes were made.
* 2.1.4 (development)
- The IMAP4 parser was fixed so that it can handle literals in response.
- A bug that caused crashes on receive if Date header has abnormal time
- Sylpheed will not close anymore even if the tray icon is closed.
o The problem that prevented the rename and move of folders was fixed.
o The problem that prevented the creation of temporary files by users
who don't have the write permission of the root directory was fixed.
o The action of Drag'n'drop now becomes move.
* Feature changes / enhancements:
- The directory with multiple hierarchy can be specified when creating
a new mailbox.
- Error messages are now output to the log window and the log file.
- The 'Create filter rule' menu was brought back in the context menu.
- The display of the property of top folders was enabled.
o SSL/TLSv1 was supported.
o The console window was disabled.
o The environmental variable APPDATA is used for the location of
o The default browser is used now when opening URL.
o The system settings will be used when opening attachments.
o The launch of executable files was disabled.
o The support of environment-dependent Japanese characters was
o The duplicate launch is prohibited now.
* 2.1.3 (development)
* The feature to save all attachments at once was added.
* The subscription dialog of newsgroups was reimplemented with GtkTreeView.
* The verification of S/MIME sigunature (PKCS#7) was enabled.
* The support of character entity references in HTML messages was improved.
* The subject line is now displayed in the title bar of the composition
* The vertical scrollbar of the folder view now shows or hides itself
* The message number columns of the folder view can be toggled now.
* The selected row of the summary view will be kept when the state of
thread display is changed.
* The selected row will be aligned to center when it reaches the edge of
the summary view on key operation.
* The code conversion error and line limit warning will not be displayed
anymore when saving as draft.
* Some code cleanups were made.
* 2.1.2 (development)
* The core parts were separated into a library (LibSylph), and its license
was changed to LGPL.
* The feature to sort the summary by thread date was implemented.
* When executing IMAP4 operations which take long time, its progress is
now displayed on the statusbar, and the UI is periodically updated.
* The number of messages to be copied at a time on IMAP4 was limited to
prevent timeout error.
* GPG and SSL settings are now saved even if they are disabled at the
* The auto detection of Japanese encoding now supports UTF-8 encoding.
* The text display has been modified a bit.
* The initial implementation of tray icon was added.
* Address fields are now normalized before sending.
* Some problems of the addressbook was fixed.
* A bug in which message/rfc822 attachments were broken when pgp-signed
* Win32: A bug in which opened sockets were not closed properly was fixed.
* 2.1.1 (development)
* IMAP4 now works with Win32 platform.
* The sorting of summary now fall backs to comparison by date.
* localedir, manualdir, and faqdir became user-configurable on configure.
* A bug that multiple selection of the addressbook with Control key
didn't work with GTK+ 2.6.9 was fixed.
* 2.1.0 (development)
* Win32 (MinGW) platform was supported.
* Many portability fixes were made.