Changes of Sylpheed
* 3.1.0beta1 (development)
* Full automatic address completion was implemented. Users can also
configure to use the previous behavior (start completion on Tab key).
* The debug log output for filtering was added.
* Update check can also show alternative version as well as internal
* New plug-in APIs for update check and folder view were added.
* A new option '--instance-id <ID>' was added. This allows users to run
multiple instances of Sylpheed.
* 'Open' menu was added to the attach context menu of the message
composition window. This allows users to open attached files before
* English Sylpheed FAQ was updated.
* Plug-ins are also loaded from user plug-in directory now.
* Unix: the default web browser command was changed to xdg-open, and
obsolete commands were removed.
* Unix: the crash when using %f on IMAP messages at the action tool was
* The crash when clicking tray icon menu 'Get from current account' when
no account exist was fixed.
* The crash on 64-bit architecture with LDAP was fixed (debian BTS #463366).
* Some GTK+ warnings were removed.
* Redundant debug or error messages were removed.
* The bug that MIME flags were not set to imported mbox file and filtered
sent messages was fixed.
* 3.0.2 (stable)
* The random scrolling problem on selecting folders with GTK+ 2.12 or
later was fixed.
* The problem that config files are not updated after creating new
accounts was fixed.
* The problem that folder config file was not updated after changing IMAP
or News account name was fixed.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8n (security fix).
* 3.0.1 (stable)
* Several typos in dialogs were fixed.
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* Win32: included libpng library was updated to 1.2.43 (security fix).
* Win32: included libtiff library was updated to 3.9.2 (security fix).
* 3.0.0 (stable)
* The message catalogs were updated.
* The bug that caused freeze when sending or receiving messages with
STARTTLS and 'SSL certificate verify failed' dialog popped up.
* 3.0.0rc (development)
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* The 'Enable address auto-completion' setting was added.
* Curl command timeout was set to 10 seconds.
* The compile error with OpenSSL disabled was fixed.
* Win32: multiple reference to a folder with different letter case is
prohibited when creating a new one.
* Some minor bugs were fixed.
* 3.0.0beta8 (development)
* The new filter match type 'is in addressbook' was added. This can be
used from filtering, query search and quick search.
* The new account setup dialog was implemented. It also supports easy
* The address completion was modified.
* The spell-checking and PGP settings are preserved for draft messages now.
* The crash problem when trying to check PGP signatures while GnuPG was
not available was fixed.
* 3.0.0beta7 (development)
* The feature to add new recipients to address book on sending was added.
* Color labels are saved on IMAP server now (partially compatible with
* The auto-wrapping setting is preserved for draft messages now.
* The problem that beep sound was out when opening folders which were
sorted in descending order was fixed.
* The new plug-in APIs for compose window were added.
* 3.0.0beta6 (development)
* The bug that IMAP caches get wrongly deleted was fixed.
* The copyright year was updated.
* 3.0.0beta5 (development)
* The feature to customize the color label text was added.
* The option to set only mail address of recipients when replying was
* When messages are added to IMAP folders, received-date information
is also set using Date header (mainly for Gmail).
* The configure option '--disable-updatecheck' which disables the update
check feature was added.
* The configure option '--enable-silent-rules' is enabled if automake is
equal or greater than 1.11.
* A workaround for crash caused by enchant with zemberek was added
(requires dbus-glib-1 if enchant is equal or greater than 1.4.2).
* The bug that caused freeze when remote IPC commands were executed.
* The bug that IMAP caches with UIDs larger than INT_MAX were never
deleted was fixed.
* 3.0.0beta4 (development)
* The folder icons were renewed.
* 'Last 7 days' was added to the quick search options.
* The number of matched messages is displayed at the side of quick search
* Description is displayed on the quick search entry when it does not have
* Always show warning dialog when SSL certificate is expired.
* The menu item to request disposition notification was added to the
* The setup dialog on the first run became user-friendly.
* The update check dialog will not be displayed if modal dialog exists
or receiving of mail is active to prevent dialogs becoming
* The button order of folder selection dialog was modified.
* Win32: the button order of close confirmation dialog of compose window
* 3.0.0beta3 (development)
* SHA1/MD5 fingerprint and validity period of certificate is now
displayed when verification of server SSL certificate failed.
* Address book is now sortable by each column.
* Address book search feature was added.
* The visibility of message number columns in the folder view is now
configurable for each column.
* The error check of socket connection became more strict.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8l.
* 3.0.0beta2 (development)
* Many important bugs related to multi-threading were fixed.
* The unintended drag start on IMAP folders was fixed.
* The libtool version was increased to prevent linking problem.
* Several new APIs were added to the plug-in library.
* Win32: 48x48(32bpp) icon was added.
* 3.0.0beta1 (development)
* Multi-threading was introduced.
(can be disabled by --disable-threads configure option)
* Win32: network connection runs on another thread to prevent blocking
of the user interface.
* Execution of external commands (such as bsfilter) on filtering will
not block the user interface anymore.
* The major part of IMAP protocol communication runs on another thread
to prevent blocking of the user interface.
* The query search is executed on another thread.
* LibSylph is (almost) thread-safe now.
* Summary caches are updated on the fly (on receive/move/copy/delete).
This improves the performance of opening folders with many new messages.
* Progress is displayed while scanning folders.
* The user interface of address book was rewritten using the new API
(GtkTreeView). This will reduce the glitches in the older versions.
* Included Sylpheed FAQ (English) was updated.
* Some bugfixes are made.
* 2.7.1 (stable)
* The feature to import and export .eml files was added.
* Progress is displayed during import and export now.
* The warning about non-exist plug-in directory was removed.
* The comments within Content-Type header are handled now.
* The order of signals emitted at moving messages was modified.
* The sylpheed.spec file was fixed.
* 2.7.0 (stable)
* The plug-in system was implemented (still experimental. See
PLUGIN.txt for detail).
* LibSylph (internal version) is built as shared library now.
* The update check feature was implemented (requires curl command).
* fsync() will be called after writing configuration files.
* 'Send queued messages' is shown instead of 'Mark all read'
in the context menu of the Queue folder.
* The default command line options of spam filters were modified.
* Win32: hard link will be used to improve file I/O performance if
* A crash bug on CSV import of the address book was fixed.
* Several other bugfixes were made.
* 2.6.0 (stable)
* A workaround for raw-JIS filename used for attachments (specifically
Eudora) was made.
* Some build fixes were made.
* 2.6.0rc (development)
* The backups for configuration files are kept for four generations now.
* Only new messages are counted when incorporating from local mbox.
* In the folder selection dialog, only folders which are expanded in the
folder view are expanded now.
* The folders which should not be selected in the folder selection dialog
became unselectable now.
* The bug that the addressbook window was not refreshed when sender of
message was added to the addressbook was fixed.
* The compilation error in GTK+ 2.14.x was fixed.
* 2.6.0beta2 (development)
* The menu was added to the remote POP3 mailbox window.
* The sorting of remote POP3 mailbox was fixed.
* The remote POP3 mailbox button was added to the toolbar.
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* Warnings about --datarootdir on configure was removed.
* 2.6.0beta1 (development)
* The remote POP3 mailbox feature which can view/download/delete messages
on POP3 servers directly was added.
* Enchant (with GtkSpell 2.0.13) was supported.
* When creating filter rule automatically, the target header field is used
as a default filter name now.
* The progress column was added to the progress dialog.
* The parser of IMAP4 was fixed.
* Unix: SIGHUP/SIGINT/SIGTERM/SIGQUIT signals are handled now.
* Win32: system shutdown event is also handled on debug mode now.
* 2.5.0 (stable)
* The sylpheed.desktop file was updated.
* 2.5.0rc2 (development)
* A crash bug was fixed.
* Content-Transfer-Encoding header with comments was supported.
* UTF-8 locale strings with suffix '.utf8' were supported.
* The 8KB restriction of template body size was removed.
* 2.5.0rc (development)
* The sylpheed.desktop file was fixed.
* The compose window now remembers the maximized state.
* The focus will not move from the text view to the summary view with
'Next/Prev' keyboard operation now.
* The alert dialog is displayed now when PGP signing/encryption failed.
* 2.5.0beta3 (development)
* Quoted lines are excluded when notifying missing attachments.
* The option of excluded addresses/domains for recipients confirmation
* 2.5.0beta2 (development)
* The feature to confirm missing attachments was added.
* The feature to confirm recipients before sending was added.
* To: header is also searched in Sent/Draft/Queue folders.
* 'Edit/Quick search' menu was added.
* Spaces in address and server entries on account preferences dialog
are now automatically removed when applied.
* The address completion was fixed.
* The compilation failure with GTK+ <= 2.8 was fixed.
* Win32: --attach option was fixed.
* 2.5.0beta1 (development)
* The vertical 3-paned view mode was added.
* The feature to save SSL peer certificate was added.
* The option 'Treat HTML only message as attachment' was added.
* The bug that caused busy loop when initial connection was immediately
refused was fixed.
* The bug that the quote description dialog never appeared again after
closing it with the close button was fixed.
* The new/unread status display on quick search filtered mode was fixed.
* The windres command will not be enabled on non-win32 platforms now.
* 2.4.8 (stable)
* The encoding method of MIME headers is now determined by outgoing
encoding rather than the value of MB_CUR_MAX.
* The memory leaks and warnings in LDAP search were fixed.
* The beep on folders with one message when using GTK+ 2.12 was removed.
* Win32: The crash that occurred when trying to display some TIFF files
* Win32: Settings are now automatically saved on the shutdown of system.
* 2.4.7 (stable)
* The bug that 'Set display item of summary...' button in common
preferences always show send folder setting was fixed.
* The all compiler warnings were removed.
* The previous focus is kept when separation of view is changed.
* The status label is automatically resized now when there is not enough
* The bug that virtual folders were not sorted properly was fixed.
* The crash when trying to use ascii-armored PGP encryption was fixed.
* 2.4.6 (stable)
* The 'To' column was added to the summary view.
* In Sent, Draft, and Queue folders, the 'To' column is displayed by
* The display column setting of send folders became independent from
* The ascii-armored PGP encryption was fixed.
* The combined method is used now when both PGP encryption and PGP signing
* The PGP passphrase dialog was disabled on filtering and query search.
* The new message notify will be blocked when a new message is read on
* 'LIST "" "*"' command is used instead of 'LIST "" "%"' to obtain folder
list from IMAP4 server.
* The bug that noinferior and noselect flags were ignored until rebuilding
folder tree when a new folder was created on IMAP4 server was fixed.
* If attached files become nonexistent on sending, error dialog will be
displayed and the sending will abort.
* 2.4.5 (stable)
* The vulnerability that may be exploited by malicious POP3 server was
* The potential crash bug in address completion was fixed.
* The signature separator '--' is not joined on line wrapping now.
* Win32: GLib and GTK+ was updated to the latest version.
* Win32: The focus problem when closing dialogs was fixed (GTK+).
* 2.4.4 (stable)
* Reply and forward marks are appended after messages are actually sent.
* The feature to reply to attached message/rfc822 messages was added.
* When a folder is renamed, the path of junk folder is also updated.
* A workaround for the error which occurs with Gmail SMTP server was made.
* Win32: The bug that the name entry of creating or renaming an address
book didn't accept key input was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that the renaming of folders didn't modify filter
actions in some cases was fixed.
* 2.4.3 (stable)
* The quick search entry is cleared when Escape key is pressed on it.
* UTF-8 with BOM is handled correctly when inserting signature.
* A possible crash when adding address from address book was fixed.
* Win32: Sylpheed now can be specified as a default mail program in
* Win32: The stall of SMTP session when sending messages via dial-up
connection was fixed.
* Win32: The infinite loop bug which occurred when PID of external editor
was not obtained was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that dialogs which popup on auto-checking becoming
invisible if the main window was minimized was fixed.
* 2.4.2 (stable)
* The recursive download of remote folders were enabled.
* SSL ports in Advanced tab of the account prefs dialog are now
automatically set when SSL is enabled.
* The '--open' command line option which open messages in new window was
* The quick search condition for each folder now persists between sessions.
* The selection now persists when the quick search condition is updated.
* Quoted-printable or base64 encoding is now forced on PGP/MIME signing
instead of stripping trailing spaces (except for the case of ISO-2022-JP
* The quoted-pair in From header is now processed correctly when displaying
* The performance of 'Mark all read' on IMAP folders was improved.
* The bug that the character '+' in address was treated as URI-escaped
space was fixed.
* Unix: the problem that 'Get' and 'Get all' button could not be clicked
after receiving while mouse pointer was over the buttons was fixed.
* 2.4.1 (stable)
* If shift or control key is pressed on address completion, only address
string is inserted now.
* When completing addresses, display name is used rather than nickname.
* Win32: The sylpheed.ini file is read on startup if exist, and
'--ipcport' option was also added.
* Win32: The autocheck timer is disabled while suspending to prevent
network error on resuming.
* Win32: OpenSSL library was replaced with self-compiled DLLs.
* Win32: A bug that the folder path separator was not processed correctly
when creating and renaming search folders was fixed.
* 2.4.0 (stable)
* Invalid APOP timestamp is rejected now (CVE-2007-1558).
* The configuration file is written out after the toolbar is customized.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8e.
* 2.4.0rc (development)
* The file copy and move were optimized.
* The crash on the cancellation of POP3/SMTP session was fixed.
* The crash when a person was removed and its e-mail addresses were
referenced by a group in another folder was fixed.
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* Win32: If the initial loading of "MS Gothic" font failed, multi-byte
font name is used now (workaround for JIS2004 MS Gothic font).
* Win32: The crash when fetching messages more than 64KB from IMAP4 server
via FreeCap (a SOCKS wrapper) was fixed.
* 2.4.0beta8 (development)
* In the address book, the import of CSV and Tab-separated text file was
* 'Within 1 day' and 'Recent 5 days' was added to the quick search rule.
* The toolbar style switch was added to the toolbar context menu.
* Stop button now cancels all sessions.
* The limitation of the nesting level of MIME structure was relaxed.
* A margin for text was added to the composition window.
* An error dialog is displayed if the execution of junk filter command
* The overwrite confirmation of the file selection dialog was improved.
* ISO-8859-16 was supported in code conversion.
* Several UI problems in the address book were fixed.
* The stability of the cancellation of POP3/SMTP session was improved.
* The bug that the displayed number of message becoming incorrect on
folder search was fixed.
* 2.4.0beta7 (development)
* In-Reply-To header was supported in mailto URL.
* Stop button was added to the main toolbar.
* An error message is displayed now when the decryption of PGP encrypted
* Remote commands such as 'compose', 'receive' and 'send' are disabled
when a modal dialog exists.
* Process termination is forced after the execution of finalizer routine.
* The behavior of 'Go to next unread' with changing folders was fixed.
* The sylpheed.desktop file was modified.
* Win32: A bug that the folder path separator was not processed correctly
in some cases (fixes path information becoming incorrect on renaming
* 2.4.0beta6 (development)
* The bug in automatic IMAP4 filtering that messages which were not
filtered were not counted as new ones was fixed.
* Win32: The workaroud for the redraw problem of GtkCList and GtkCTree
in GTK+ 2.10.11 was made.
* Win32: The stall on rebuilding folder tree which appeared since GTK+
2.10.11 was fixed.
* Win32: Environmental variable "LANGUAGE" was disabled (fixes incorrect
language selection on some environments).
* 2.4.0beta5 (development)
* Close button was added to the address book dialog, and the layout was
* The automatic junk mail filtering on IMAP4 was enabled.
* Automatically filtered IMAP4 messages are also counted for new mail
* The default directory of the printing dialog became the document
* The crash on some environments when verifying signed messages was fixed.
* The crash on exit when the order of summary columns were modified by
DnD was fixed.
* The wrong handling of quotation in multi-byte strings on MIME header
encoding was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that the timeout on receiving and sending didn't work
* Win32: The path separator problem of folderlist.xml was fixed.
* Win32: libcairo-2.dll, libgpg-error-0.dll, libgpgme-11.dll, GLib and
GTK+ was updated to the latest version.
* Win32: The redraw of windows became smoother (GTK+).
* Win32: Win32 shell icons are now displayed on the file selection dialog
* 2.4.0beta4 (development)
* The address book was improved.
- Copy and paste of persons in the address book was enabled.
- The menu sensitivity of the address book became accurate.
- When deleting addresses from a group, they are just removed from the
group (not from person) now.
- 'Lookup' button is disabled if LDAP search is not available.
* The checking of remote folders doesn't abort with non-fatal errors now
except for network failure.
* The problem that the width of the folder view was not saved when the
main window was maximized was fixed.
* The coloring of message number columns in the folder view was enabled.
* Win32: In Windows Vista, the problem that the selected menu items were
not visible was fixed.
* 2.4.0beta3 (development)
* The toolbar customization dialog was improved.
* 'Not junk' and 'Search' button were added to the main toolbar.
* The 'Send' button is disabled when no queued messages exist.
* Junk mails are filtered when incorporating from local spool even if
'Filter on incorporation' is disabled.
* The 'Get' button of the main toolbar was fixed.
* Several bugs of the search dialog were fixed.
* Win32: The sorted column of the selected row on the summary view becomes
visible when it doesn't have focus.
* Win32: System fonts with multi-byte font names (such as 'MS PGothic' and
'Meiryo') can be available now.
* 2.4.0beta2 (development)
* The toolbar was rewritten with new API.
* 'Prev', 'Print', 'Address', 'Prefs', and 'Account' was added to the
main toolbar, and 'Prefs' and 'Account' was added to the compose toolbar.
* The overflow menu for toolbar was added.
* The width of toolbar buttons was reduced when the labels are displayed.
* The option to place toolbar labels at the right of icons was added, and
it became the default.
* The bug that the window was kept being skipped from window list after it
became visible with window shading or switching workspaces.
* Some of the UI labels are modified.
* Unix: Symbolic links are now also scanned when scanning MH folders.
* 2.4.0beta1 (development)
* The automatic filtering of new messages in INBOX folder of IMAP4 account
* The customization of the toolbars was implemented.
* The option to toggle window on trayicon click was added.
* Junk mails are now filtered when incorporating from local spool.
* UTF-8 is forced for headers instead of substituting characters if the
code conversion failed.
* The crash of the text view when switching between MIME parts was fixed.
* Win32: the socket buffer size was increased to improve the performance
of network communication.
* Win32: GTK+ and GLib was updated to the latest version.
* 2.3.0 (stable)
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* 2.3.0rc (development)
* CA certificates bundle file is now looked up in multiple location.
* Cancelling the verification of certificates is only applied for current
* The version string was changed.
* The bug that the blank message view appeared when displaying window from
the tray icon while the message view was hidden in separate window mode
* Win32: The common CA certificates were included in the package.
* 2.3.0beta7 (development)
* Page setup for printing was added.
* The range specification of printing now works correctly.
* The printing of MIME part now uses the new printing function.
* The font size of printing now follows the display setting.
* The option to input signature directly was added to the account
* Signature is automatically generated when creating a new account.
* Bcc: and Reply-To: were added to the template.
* '/etc/ssl/certs' directory is used for SSL certificate verification if
* When SSL certificate cannot be verified, the confirmation dialog is now
* Cursor is now placed at the top of the text (alternatively To or Subject
entry if they are empty) when reediting messages.
* Unix: Resolver is now reinitialized if '/etc/resolv.conf' is modified.
* 2.3.0beta6 (development)
* The new printing function was implemented.
- Each page is now rendered by Cairo.
- The native print dialog is used.
- Page number is printed for each page.
- The option "Use external program for printing" was added.
- The printing of MIME part was implemented.
* Cc: was added to the header view.
* The option "Inherit recipients on reply to self messages" was added.
* Pilot-link (libpisock) 0.12 was supported.
* The window position and the layout of the 'Add Address' dialog was
* The default directory of the file selection dialog was changed
(in Win32, 'My Documents' is used. In Unix, the home directory is used).
* The UI is now updated periodically on manual filtering.
* The new mail notification on the tray icon is reset when any message
is read now.
* The encoding setting of the message view in new window is enabled also
* Win32: The bug that the window was sometimes not displayed at the top
when the tray icon was clicked was fixed.
* Win32: The issue that the progress dialog was not updated while sending
large messages was fixed.
* 2.3.0beta5 (development)
* When new mails arrive, the tray icon is changed, and it will be kept
until a new mail is read.
* The option "Open inbox on startup" was added.
* The option "Remeber last selected message" was added.
* The crash when printing a message with empty subject was fixed.
* The bug that the text in the composition window was not redrawn on the
undo of large text was fixed.
* 2.3.0beta4 (development)
* POP before SMTP was implemented.
* Win32: The e-mail menu in the start menu now works when Sylpheed is
selected as a default mailer.
* WIn32: The character corruption on printing when environment-dependent
Japanese characters are used was fixed.
* Win32: The GDI resource leaks of GtkTreeView in XP classic theme and
2000 which had introduced eventual application crash was fixed.
* 2.3.0beta3 (development)
* The vertical padding of the folder view was reduced.
* The change between folders became faster at GTK+ 2.10.x.
* The bug that the window was kept hidden from taskbar on popup with
another process when the window was minimized to tray was fixed.
* The text insertion by the action was fixed again.
* The height of the statusbar was adjusted.
* The padding of the folder view was reduced.
* Win32: The selection of the labels on the header view and the alert
dialog are now visible.
* Win32: The application icon was modified.
* Win32: GTK+ was updated to 2.10.6, and OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8d.
* Win32: The network communication failure in some environments was fixed.
* 2.3.0beta2 (development)
* Messages marked as read or junk mails are now excluded from the numbers
of new messages.
* Win32: GTK+ was updated to 2.10.4, and GLib was updated to 2.12.4.
* Win32: The crash that occurred when Desktop folder was selected on the
file selection dialog was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that window position was reset when quitting Sylpheed
while window was hidden was fixed.
* Win32: The WSAEWOULDBLOCK state is now properly handled in socket I/O.
* 2.3.0beta1 (development)
* GtkStatusIcon is used for the tray icon if available.
* When GtkStatusIcon is used, the tray icon blinks for 5 seconds when new
* The option 'Minimize to tray icon' was added.
* The left click on the tray icon now only brings the main window in front.
* Win32: The tray icon was implemented.
* Win32: The SSL connection problem was fixed.
* Win32: The included libraries (GLib, GTK+, Pango) were updated to the
latest version. This introduces the following improvements:
- The performance of network communication at receiving and sending
- The appearance of the UI became more native-like.
- The scrolling speed of the summary view with cursor keys was improved.
- The broken display of the text view when it was partially hidden was
- The position of color labels menu in the search dialog is correct now.
- The problem that GTK+ strings became untranslated after the popup of
context menu on GtkTextView was fixed.
- The crash that occurred on startup if a font with non-ascii name was
specified for system font was fixed.
- The application doesn't freeze anymore when desktop theme is changed.
* 2.2.9 (stable)
* The crash that occurred if the summary was sorted by invisible column
* The URI of the about dialog was updated.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8c.
* 2.2.8 (stable)
* The PLAIN authentication method for IMAP4 was supported.
* The verification of encrypted and signed messages with combined method
* Oniguruma regex library can be used instead of system's regex API.
* The LDIF import of the addressbook was improved.
* Full PGP signature information is displayed on the main text view.
* All trailing spaces are removed when signing with PGP/MIME instead of
using quoted-printable to improve compatibility with other MUAs.
* A warning is displayed before sending when Bcc is specified at PGP
* The bug that possibly lost relatively small messages on receiving when
there was no disk space was fixed.
* The behavior of manual junk filtering was fixed.
* UTF-8 text can be inserted correctly in the compose window.
* The error messages of the failure of displaying message body was
* Some workarounds for GTK+ 2.10 were made.
* Minor UI fixes were made.
* Other minor bugs were fixed.
* Win32: Regular expression was supported in filtering.
* Win32: The version information was added to the executable file.
* 2.2.7 (stable)
* "Mark all read" was added to the folder context menu.
* "Set as (not) junk mail" was added to the summary context menu.
* The option to filter junk mails before normal filtering was added.
* When replying to all, the original address strings are used for Cc
instead of stripped ones.
* Windows-1257 was added for display encoding.
* Some menu items of the folder context menu were enabled even on receiving
* The bug that manual junk filtering didn't work when no filter rule exist
* Several crash bugs were fixed.
* Win32: libgpg-error-0.dll and libgpgme-11.dll was updated.
* Win32: The scanning of folders was optimized so that receiving or moving
of messages become faster when folders contain large number of messages.
* 2.2.6 (stable)
* The 8-bit literal (literal8) in IMAP4 response was supported.
* The missing timeout handling was added for SMTP.
* The failure of URI security check when they have leading space was
* 2.2.5 (stable)
* The character corruption and crash bug when using Japanese half-width
kana on sending messages was fixed.
* The execution failure when using the accessibility module was fixed.
* The bug that new/unread count becoming negative value was fixed.
* The bug that bold face was disabled in the folder selection dialog
with GLib 2.10 and Pango 1.12 was fixed.
* The incorrect progressbar display when expired messages exist was fixed.
* 2.2.4 (stable)
* MIME filename encoding with RFC 2231 parameter value extension was
* The clear button for the quick search entry was added.
* The bug that bold face was disabled in GtkTreeView with GLib 2.10 and
Pango 1.12 was fixed.
* Win32: libwimp.dll was updated.
* Win32: The bug that subfolders were duplicated when rebuilding folder
tree while the settings were shared between Win32 and Unix was fixed.
* Win32: The uninstaller was modified so that it only removes files and
folders created by the installer.
* 2.2.3 (stable)
* The sorting of the result of the query search was enabled.
* The printing of messages now follows the state of 'Show all headers'.
* Relative path is allowed for signature files.
* The To, Cc, and Bcc button of the address book are now always enabled.
* The window position of the address book is now preserved.
* The toggle of the Cc entry on the composition window was enabled.
* The appearance of the address book was modified.
* Unix: The support of metamail command was removed, and it was replaced
with the alternative implementation.
* Win32: libwimp.dll was updated, and the appearance of the UI was
* Win32: zlib1.dll was updated.
* Win32: The application icon was updated.
* Win32: The unnecessary message catalog files were removed to reduce the
* 2.2.2 (stable)
* The crash bug that occurred when trying to move IMAP4 folders right
under the root folder was fixed.
* The crash bug that occurred after a message window was closed while the
search dialog was still open was fixed.
* Win32: The console window is newly created if --debug or --help option
* Win32: The non-ASCII filename encoding problem on executing external
commands was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that the main window became not responsive when an error
occurred on automatic receiving while the window was minimized was fixed.
* Win32: Spanish translation was added for the installer.
* Win32: The installer was fixed so that it selects correct language on
environments other than Japanese.
* 2.2.1 (stable)
* GtkSpell is enabled on configure by default now.
* Spanish translation of the README file was added.
* The bug that account names with filename-unsafe characters couldn't be
used was fixed.
* The crash bug that occurred if non-ascii newsgroup names appeared while
getting newsgroup list was fixed.
* The performance problem of the quick search while the summary was sorted
by thread date with descending order was fixed.
* Win32: The problem that the UI didn't respond occasionally when receiving
messages was fixed.
* 2.2.0 (stable)
* The move and copy of messages to queue folders and virtual folders are
* The included sylpheed.spec was modified.
* 2.2.0rc (development)
* The 'minimize to tray icon' feature was modified.
* The command line options help dialog is not duplicated anymore.
* The problem that the UI was still insensitive after the execution of
external editor failed was fixed.
* The nonstandard Japanese encoding 'x-sjis' was supported.
* Win32: The locale encoding problem on some languages was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta8 (development)
* The help of command line options was added.
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* When checking IMAP4 mailboxes, the number of new messages is properly
* The key event handling of the quick search entry was fixed.
* The wrong status display of the receive dialog on BSD systems was fixed.
* The unread flag is not reset anymore when moving or copying messages
into a trash folder.
* Some UI fixes were made.
* Win32: Some UIs for unsupported functions were disabled.
* Win32: The bug that the contents of folders with specific Japanese
characters such as 'Hyou' (which contains 0x5c ('\') at the second byte)
at the end of its name couldn't be seen was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta7 (development)
* When moving, copying, or deleting a collapsed thread, all the messages
in the thread are processed now.
* 'Mark thread as read' feature was implemented.
* The keys on keypad are also recognized in the summary and message view.
* The window size of the address book is now remembered.
* PGP passphrase is converted into locale encoding before passing to gpg.
* Arabic encoding support was added.
* The premature trimming of strings on the statusbar was disabled.
* The 'Wrap before sending' option was removed.
* The issue that it falsely entered drag begin state after passphrase
dialog was shown was fixed.
* The bug that the automatic account selection on reply was disabled on
IMAP4 folders was fixed.
* Win32: IPv6 was supported.
* Win32: Window is properly popup on multiple launching now.
* 2.2.0beta6 (development)
* The cleanup of IMAP4 message caches on exit was implemented.
* Cache files in IMAP4 folders are now properly removed on move or delete.
* The temporary passwords of IMAP4 accounts are now preserved until exit.
* 'File/Insert signature' now inserts signature into current cursor
position, and 'File/Append signature' was added for the previous
* Some dialogs are now placed at the center on parent window.
* The confirmation dialog for emptying trash is not displayed anymore if
messages don't exist in trash folders.
* Trash folders are excluded on recursive search.
* Locale encoding strings can be passed to --compose and --attach command
* Several minor bugs were fixed.
* 2.2.0beta5 (development)
* The quick search was implemented.
* The filter conditions for message status such as 'unread', 'mark',
'color-label', and 'attachment' were added.
* The window management of the export and import dialog was modified.
* Several minor bugs were fixed.
* 2.2.0beta4 (development)
* Unix: The popup menu on the trayicon was implemented.
* Unix: Clicking the trayicon now toggles the visibility of the main
* Unix: The visibility of the trayicon is now configurable.
* The context menu of the folder view on search folders was modified.
* The bug that stopped checking of new messages if search folders exist
in IMAP4 or News mailboxes was fixed.
* The renaming of search folders under IMAP4 or News folders was fixed.
* A memory leak that occurs when thread display was off was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta3 (development)
* The results of search folders are cached to speed up the next search.
* The search folder property dialog was implemented.
* The position of 'Delete' menu was changed to prevent its accidental
* The HTTP scheme is added to the URIs begin with 'www.'.
* Some trailing punctuations were included as URI.
* The bug that search folders under IMAP4 or News folders couldn't be
removed was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta2 (development)
* The forwarding of messages with attachments was modified.
* The bug that previously selected row was removed from the view instead
of currently selected one when deleting folders from the context menu
* The bug that messages with subject that includes characters that can't
be used for filename couldn't be attached was fixed.
* Windows-1252 was added for display encoding.
* After incomplete POP3 session, duplicate retrieval of messages doesn't
* 2.2.0beta1 (development)
* The major improvements of the search function were made.
- The query search was implemented.
- Search conditions can be specified with the same UI as the filter rule.
- Subfolders can be searched.
- The search folder (virtual folder) was implemented.
* The maximized window state is now remembered.
* The option "Display recipient on 'From' column if sender is yourself" now
looks for all accounts.
* The line-wrapping of composition now doesn't join enumerated lines.
* The nonstandard Korean encoding 'ks_c_5601-1987' was supported.
* The bug that the initial directory was not properly selected in the file
selection dialog with GTK+ 2.8 was fixed.
* Some other bugs were fixed.
* 2.1.9 (development)
* An option to update only INBOX on checking new messages of IMAP4
accounts was added.
* The custom queue folder can be specified for each account now.
* The progress of local filtering is displayed now.
* "Update summary" was added to the context menu of the folder view.
* Appending of messages to an IMAP4 folder was optimized.
* "Reply to all" now works for newsgroups post.
* The crash when an address in an address group was modified was fixed.
* The bug that subscribed newsgroups were removed after refreshing
subscribe dialog was fixed.
* The complication failure on some environments was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that blocked the application when enterning passphrase
for GnuPG was fixed.
* 2.1.8 (development)
* The common preferences dialog was reorganized.
* The memory usage on SMTP and POP3 session was reduced drastically.
* The last position of the composition window is remembered, and the
windows are automatically placed so that they don't overlap.
* Filtered sent messages are not put into Sent folder anymore.
* When attached text files are saved, their linebreaks are normalized
depending on platforms.
* The occasional encoding conversion failure bug on inserting a text file
into composition window was fixed.
* 2.1.7 (development)
* The spell checking feature was implemented (requires GtkSpell).
* The drop of files is allowed on the whole composition window.
* The insertion of text by drag and drop was disabled.
* The PGP interface is disabled if GnuPG is not available.
* A bug that aborted program if invalid UTF-8 text is put in the log
window was fixed.
* The pane between summary and message view became more visible.
* Reply-to-list is not enabled for subscribe confirmation request etc.
* The bug that the separator of newsgroups was broken was fixed.
* The bug that broke the summary selection when mark, unread, and
colorlabel flags were changed while the summary was sorted by them
* The bug that caused crash when quote colors dialog was closed by the
window close button was fixed.
* The bug that showed wrong value if the total size of a folder was more
than 2GB was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that occasionally the summary was not properly updated
right after messages were added to a folder was fixed.
* Win32: The problem that message strings were not translated if digit
locale environmental variable (such as "LANG=1041") was set was fixed.
* Win32: PGP sign and encryption was supported.
* Win32: The window focus problem of account and filter setting dialog
* Win32: The method of detecting executables was modified.
* 2.1.6 (development)
* The auto-save to draft of composing messages was implemented.
* The setting of default (fallback) encoding was added.
* The command line option '--exit' was added.
* The preset menu for junk mail learning commands was added, and now
bogofilter and bsfilter are selectable.
* The option to mark filtered junk mails as read was added.
* The buffer overflow of LDIF import was fixed.
* Win32: The external editor function was implemented.
* Win32: Junk mail filtering now works.
* Win32: The default junk mail learning commands were changed to bsfilter.
* Win32: Some options which are useless on win32 became hidden.
* Win32: The program icon was added.
* Win32: Some bugfixes were made.
* 2.1.5 (development)
* The command line option to specify directory which stores configuration
files (--configdir dirname) was added.
* The output headers of printed messages now match to those of the message
* Confirmation dialog is displayed instead of input dialog on printing.
* When replying to ML post that has the Reply-To set, both addresses will
* The option to delete filtered junk mails from server was added.
* The locale name 'zh_TW.Big5' was changed to 'zh_TW'.
* The problem that drag and drop didn't work with GTK+ 2.8 was fixed.
* The sample mime.types was included into the source package.
* Win32: The remote command was implemented using TCP socket.
* Win32: The drag and drop of files from Explorer was supported.
* Win32: The default print command for text file is used for printing when
the command is unspecified.
* Win32: Several bugfixes were made.
* 2.1.4 (development)
- The IMAP4 parser was fixed so that it can handle literals in response.
- A bug that caused crashes on receive if Date header has abnormal time
- Sylpheed will not close anymore even if the tray icon is closed.
o The problem that prevented the rename and move of folders was fixed.
o The problem that prevented the creation of temporary files by users
who don't have the write permission of the root directory was fixed.
o The action of Drag'n'drop now becomes move.
* Feature changes / enhancements:
- The directory with multiple hierarchy can be specified when creating
a new mailbox.
- Error messages are now output to the log window and the log file.
- The 'Create filter rule' menu was brought back in the context menu.
- The display of the property of top folders was enabled.
o SSL/TLSv1 was supported.
o The console window was disabled.
o The environmental variable APPDATA is used for the location of
o The default browser is used now when opening URL.
o The system settings will be used when opening attachments.
o The launch of executable files was disabled.
o The support of environment-dependent Japanese characters was
o The duplicate launch is prohibited now.
* 2.1.3 (development)
* The feature to save all attachments at once was added.
* The subscription dialog of newsgroups was reimplemented with GtkTreeView.
* The verification of S/MIME sigunature (PKCS#7) was enabled.
* The support of character entity references in HTML messages was improved.
* The subject line is now displayed in the title bar of the composition
* The vertical scrollbar of the folder view now shows or hides itself
* The message number columns of the folder view can be toggled now.
* The selected row of the summary view will be kept when the state of
thread display is changed.
* The selected row will be aligned to center when it reaches the edge of
the summary view on key operation.
* The code conversion error and line limit warning will not be displayed
anymore when saving as draft.
* Some code cleanups were made.
* 2.1.2 (development)
* The core parts were separated into a library (LibSylph), and its license
was changed to LGPL.
* The feature to sort the summary by thread date was implemented.
* When executing IMAP4 operations which take long time, its progress is
now displayed on the statusbar, and the UI is periodically updated.
* The number of messages to be copied at a time on IMAP4 was limited to
prevent timeout error.
* GPG and SSL settings are now saved even if they are disabled at the
* The auto detection of Japanese encoding now supports UTF-8 encoding.
* The text display has been modified a bit.
* The initial implementation of tray icon was added.
* Address fields are now normalized before sending.
* Some problems of the addressbook was fixed.
* A bug in which message/rfc822 attachments were broken when pgp-signed
* Win32: A bug in which opened sockets were not closed properly was fixed.
* 2.1.1 (development)
* IMAP4 now works with Win32 platform.
* The sorting of summary now fall backs to comparison by date.
* localedir, manualdir, and faqdir became user-configurable on configure.
* A bug that multiple selection of the addressbook with Control key
didn't work with GTK+ 2.6.9 was fixed.
* 2.1.0 (development)
* Win32 (MinGW) platform was supported.
* Many portability fixes were made.