Changes of Sylpheed
* This is the first release of GTK2-based stable version.
* The IMAP4rev1 code conversion was fixed so that it can handle folder
names that include '+' correctly.
* The correct row is selected after moving or deleting a message now when
sorting is enabled.
* The line-wrap of composition was modified so that it doesn't break line
after '/' (slash) to protect file path etc.
* The duplicated insertion when a text file is dragged onto the
composition window was fixed.
* The cache discrepancy problem of the draft folder was fixed.
* Temporary files are now cleaned up also on startup.
* A new application icon was added, and it is now used as a default window
* A margin was added for the summary view when scrolling.
* The folder selection dialog now displays new/unread information for each
* The displayed file size of attachments became more accurate.
* The filter rules are now modified after folders are moved.
* Several alert dialogs were modified.
* The line-wrap of composition was modified so that it doesn't break line
after '-' (hyphen) to protect e-mail address etc.
* UTF-8 text file is now properly inserted in composition window.
* The Content-Type's charset is used as a fallback encoding of broken
header strings on reply.
* The problem was fixed that signature was not switched properly by the
account selection in re-edit mode or after editing with external editor.
* Attached files without text/* as the Content-Type is not uncanonicalized
* The URI parser of the text view was modified.
* The cache discrepancy problem of the queue folder was fixed.
* The order of the buttons of dialogs now complies with GNOME Human
Interface Guidelines (configurable with 'Common preferences/Interface/
Make the order of buttons comply with GNOME HIG').
* Existing window is put in front when trying to re-edit draft/queue
messages which are already open.
* The toolbar and special folder icons are replaced with new png images
which are based on GNOME icon theme.
* The Sylpheed logo of the about dialog was replaced with new one.
* The crash when cancelling the file selection dialog of vCard/JPilot
by Escape key was fixed.
* The feature to move folders within the same mailbox was implemented.
* The flag changes by manual filtering on IMAP4 folders are now reflected
to IMAP4 server.
* A warning is displayed on the first run if the locale encoding is not
UTF-8 but the environmental variable G_FILENAME_ENCODING is not set.
* A warning is displayed when sending message if it exceeds the hard line
length limit (998 bytes).
* Other minor bugs were fixed.
* The strict checking of the integrity of summary caches was disabled by
default, and the performance of displaying summary was improved.
* The columns of the summary view became reorderable by drag and drop.
* An option to execute command when new messages arrive was added.
* 'Compose new message', 'Add to address book' and 'Open with Web browser'
was added to the context menu of the text view.
* Encryption is enabled by default when replying to encrypted messages.
* GPGME and OpenSSL support are now enabled by default.
* The bug that caused failure of parsing IMAP4 response if embedded null
characters appeared in message headers.
* Selected text is used on reply even if the Attachment tab is selected.
* The quote color setting dialog works properly now.
* The junk mail filter setting was integrated into the common preferences,
and 'Tools/Filter junk mails' menus were added.
* The behavior of the flag search was modified.
* The bug that the change of color labels was not saved was fixed.
* The 'Insert signature' on the composition window now replaces the
current signature, or add a new one to the buttom.
* The bug that MIME headers were not properly parsed on some locales
(such as Turkish) was fixed.
* A possible crash when moving/deleting messages while the summary is
sorted was fixed.
* Wrong display of unread message number on some condition was fixed.
* The scroll position of the summary when opening folders was fixed.
* Sending messages by external command now checks for its exit status.
* A feature to assist junk mail control was added.
* An option to apply filter rules to sent messages was added.
* The progress dialog was reimplemented using GtkTreeView.
* The selection handling of the summary view was optimized a bit.
* The drag and drop from the summary view was improved.
* The Japanese auto-detection is always enabled if the locale string
begins with "ja".
* Hebrew encodings support was added.
* Lithuanian translation was added.
* The scanning of folders right after an IMAP4 account is created was
disabled for performance issue.
* Currently selected messages are skipped now when searching unread
* The typeahead search of the summary view was disabled.
* The sylpheed.spec file was updated.
* Several bugs were fixed.
* 1.9.12 (development)
* The MIME view and the attachment list of the compose window were
reimplemented using GtkTreeView.
* An option to toggle cursor in the message view was added.
* The backward search button was added to the summary and message search
* The PGP Sign and Encrypt check button were added to the compose window.
* The drag and drop of messages in the summary view to external
applications was enabled.
* The writing of summary cache and mark was optimized so that it will be
written only if it is required.
* The ~/.sylpheed-2.0/tmp/ directory is cleaned up on exit now.
* Errors are detected now when messages are sent with sendmail command.
* The phishing URL checking was modified so that it works even if
non-ascii space is put at the head of link strings.
* Several bugs of the summary view were fixed.
* The column width of the folder view is now remembered.
* The drag and drop of attached files with non-ascii filename was fixed.
* The attaching of files with locale-encoded filename by drag and drop
* A bug that caused crash when timeout happened while scanning IMAP4
folder tree was fixed.
* On IMAP4, a bug that only the first response of the SEARCH command was
recognized was fixed.
* Bcc header fields in mailto URL are no longer interpreted to conform to
* 1.9.11 (development)
* The bug that Return, Space and Delete key were ignored when multiple
messages were selected was fixed.
* A compile error was fixed.
* The selection problem after the change of the contents of the summary
* The bug that prohibited the resizing of the summary columns was fixed.
* The bug that the summary view couldn't be scrolled after expanding a
thread at the bottom of the view was fixed.
* 1.9.10 (development)
* The summary view was reimplemented using GtkTreeView.
* The performance of the update of the statusbar was improved.
* The CRAM-MD5 is preferred now on IMAP4 automatic authentication.
* Messages selected with 'View/Go to' will not open now if the message
view is hidden.
* The default message font was changed to Monospace 12.
* A redraw problem of the text view on smooth scroll was fixed.
* Several bugs of the folder view were fixed.
* 1.9.9 (development)
* The memory usage when sending messages was reduced.
* The crash when ~/.gnupg not exist was fixed.
* A compile error with GTK+ 2.4 was fixed.
* Some bugs of the folder view were fixed.
* A problem that the Emacs gtk-key-theme didn't work on composition was
* 1.9.8 (development)
* The filter preferences dialog, the edit account dialog, and the folder
view were reimplemented using GtkTreeView.
* Auto-scroll on DnD was implemented.
* GBK encoding is supported.
* The broken PLAIN authentication for SMTP AUTH was fixed.
* A workaround for some SMTP servers, which terminate connection right
after QUIT command was sent, was made.
* Clear-signed messages are not MIME-encoded anymore.
* The line-wrapping of composition window was modified not to screw up
* 1.9.7 (development)
* The outgoing encoding can be changed on composition temporarily now.
* The folder selection dialog was reimplemented using GtkTreeView.
* An option that specifies whether to render HTML as text or not was added.
* The state of the expander of the file save dialog is now remembered.
* Every message-ids in References: header is now used for message
* The internal code conversion API has been changed.
* A possible crash on re-editing draft, queue and sent messages was fixed.
* The error checking of Japanese code conversion also became strict.
* An empty Reply-To: header is now ignored.
* 1.9.6 (development)
* Multiple files can be attached to the composition window all at once now.
* In the file selection dialog, last opened directories are now remembered
for each operations.
* Inline images are now resized to fit window.
* 'Save this image as...' was added to the context menu of inline images.
* PLAIN authentication method was implemented for SMTP AUTH.
* The switching between text and MIME view became smoother.
* A workaround for huge slow down when displaying extremely long lines
* The replacement of signatures when switching accounts in the composition
dialog became stabilied.
* Error checking of code conversion on sending became strict.
* Bugfixes have been made for MIME view, message view, auto-wrapping
and GPG passphrase dialog.
* 1.9.5 (development)
* A buffer overflow which occurred when replying to a message with
certain headers which contain non-ascii characters was fixed.
* A workaround for not MIME-encoded headers was made.
* 1.9.4 (development)
* The bug in SSL connection which brought on sporadic crashes and errors
* The user-interface of MIME view was improved, and its several bugs were
* Miscellaneous dialogs were modified.
- The design of alert dialog was modified to fit other Gtk2
applications (not yet HIG compliant, though).
- The file selection dialog was replaced with GtkFileChooserDialog.
* The line number limit of the log window was re-enabled.
* Text for printing is now output with locale encoding.
* The incompatibility of PGP signature between gnupg-1.2 and 1.4 when
attached text has trailing spaces was fixed.
* Locale encoding is now assumed for unencoded header strings on display.
* The version of GLib and GTK is now checked on configure.
* Code cleanups were made.
* Some minor bugs have been fixed.
* 1.9.3 (development)
* The line-wrapping function has been reimplemented.
- The i18n is now fully supported.
- Proper line-breaking is enabled.
- It actually complies with the 'Wrap quotation' option now.
* 'Copy this link' has been added to the context menu of text view.
* The incompatibility of PGP signature between gnupg-1.2 and 1.4 occurred
when trailing spaces appeared has been fixed.
* A bug that attached files with non-ascii filename couldn't be opened
has been fixed.
* Some minor bugs have been fixed.
* 1.9.2 (development)
* The inline image display has been implemented.
* The processing of hypertext has been improved.
* The message text search has been reimplemented.
* The popup of windows has been improved.
* Non-UTF8 filename handling of the file selection dialog has been fixed.
* 1.9.1 (development)
* The bug that quoted texts were corrupted on replying or forwarding
while auto-wrapping was enabled has been fixed.
* The help message is now converted to locale encding.
* The sylpheed.spec file has been fixed.
* The documents have been updated.
* 1.9.0 (development)
* This is the first release of GTK2 development version.
* From GTK2 feature:
- Multilingualization (m17n) has been supported.
- Anti-aliased font has been supported.
- Many glitches related to font management have been solved.
- The user-interface has been improved in many respects.
* Gpgme-1.0 has been supported.
- A warning is displayed if a key for encryption is untrusted.
- The status of signature validity became more descriptive.
- Signatures inside nested multipart are now recognized.