Changes of Sylpheed
* 2.3.0beta2 (development)
* Messages marked as read or junk mails are now excluded from the numbers
of new messages.
* Win32: GTK+ was updated to 2.10.4.
* Win32: The crash that occurred when Desktop folder was selected on the
file selection dialog was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that window position was reset when quitting Sylpheed
while window was hidden was fixed.
* 2.3.0beta1 (development)
* GtkStatusIcon is used for the tray icon if available.
* When GtkStatusIcon is used, the tray icon blinks for 5 seconds when new
* The option 'Minimize to tray icon' was added.
* The left click on the tray icon now only brings the main window in front.
* Win32: The tray icon was implemented.
* Win32: The SSL connection problem was fixed.
* Win32: The included libraries (GLib, GTK+, Pango) were updated to the
latest version. This introduces the following improvements:
- The performance of network communication at receiving and sending
- The appearance of the UI became more native-like.
- The scrolling speed of the summary view with cursor keys was improved.
- The broken display of the text view when it was partially hidden was
- The position of color labels menu in the search dialog is correct now.
- The problem that GTK+ strings became untranslated after the popup of
context menu on GtkTextView was fixed.
- The crash that occurred on startup if a font with non-ascii name was
specified for system font was fixed.
* 2.2.9 (stable)
* The crash that occurred if the summary was sorted by invisible column
* The URI of the about dialog was updated.
* Win32: OpenSSL was updated to 0.9.8c.
* 2.2.8 (stable)
* The PLAIN authentication method for IMAP4 was supported.
* The verification of encrypted and signed messages with combined method
* Oniguruma regex library can be used instead of system's regex API.
* The LDIF import of the addressbook was improved.
* Full PGP signature information is displayed on the main text view.
* All trailing spaces are removed when signing with PGP/MIME instead of
using quoted-printable to improve compatibility with other MUAs.
* A warning is displayed before sending when Bcc is specified at PGP
* The bug that possibly lost relatively small messages on receiving when
there was no disk space was fixed.
* The behavior of manual junk filtering was fixed.
* UTF-8 text can be inserted correctly in the compose window.
* The error messages of the failure of displaying message body was
* Some workarounds for GTK+ 2.10 were made.
* Minor UI fixes were made.
* Other minor bugs were fixed.
* Win32: Regular expression was supported in filtering.
* Win32: The version information was added to the executable file.
* 2.2.7 (stable)
* "Mark all read" was added to the folder context menu.
* "Set as (not) junk mail" was added to the summary context menu.
* The option to filter junk mails before normal filtering was added.
* When replying to all, the original address strings are used for Cc
instead of stripped ones.
* Windows-1257 was added for display encoding.
* Some menu items of the folder context menu were enabled even on receiving
* The bug that manual junk filtering didn't work when no filter rule exist
* Several crash bugs were fixed.
* Win32: libgpg-error-0.dll and libgpgme-11.dll was updated.
* Win32: The scanning of folders was optimized so that receiving or moving
of messages become faster when folders contain large number of messages.
* 2.2.6 (stable)
* The 8-bit literal (literal8) in IMAP4 response was supported.
* The missing timeout handling was added for SMTP.
* The failure of URI security check when they have leading space was
* 2.2.5 (stable)
* The character corruption and crash bug when using Japanese half-width
kana on sending messages was fixed.
* The execution failure when using the accessibility module was fixed.
* The bug that new/unread count becoming negative value was fixed.
* The bug that bold face was disabled in the folder selection dialog
with GLib 2.10 and Pango 1.12 was fixed.
* The incorrect progressbar display when expired messages exist was fixed.
* 2.2.4 (stable)
* MIME filename encoding with RFC 2231 parameter value extension was
* The clear button for the quick search entry was added.
* The bug that bold face was disabled in GtkTreeView with GLib 2.10 and
Pango 1.12 was fixed.
* Win32: libwimp.dll was updated.
* Win32: The bug that subfolders were duplicated when rebuilding folder
tree while the settings were shared between Win32 and Unix was fixed.
* Win32: The uninstaller was modified so that it only removes files and
folders created by the installer.
* 2.2.3 (stable)
* The sorting of the result of the query search was enabled.
* The printing of messages now follows the state of 'Show all headers'.
* Relative path is allowed for signature files.
* The To, Cc, and Bcc button of the address book are now always enabled.
* The window position of the address book is now preserved.
* The toggle of the Cc entry on the composition window was enabled.
* The appearance of the address book was modified.
* Unix: The support of metamail command was removed, and it was replaced
with the alternative implementation.
* Win32: libwimp.dll was updated, and the appearance of the UI was
* Win32: zlib1.dll was updated.
* Win32: The application icon was updated.
* Win32: The unnecessary message catalog files were removed to reduce the
* 2.2.2 (stable)
* The crash bug that occurred when trying to move IMAP4 folders right
under the root folder was fixed.
* The crash bug that occurred after a message window was closed while the
search dialog was still open was fixed.
* Win32: The console window is newly created if --debug or --help option
* Win32: The non-ASCII filename encoding problem on executing external
commands was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that the main window became not responsive when an error
occurred on automatic receiving while the window was minimized was fixed.
* Win32: Spanish translation was added for the installer.
* Win32: The installer was fixed so that it selects correct language on
environments other than Japanese.
* 2.2.1 (stable)
* GtkSpell is enabled on configure by default now.
* Spanish translation of the README file was added.
* The bug that account names with filename-unsafe characters couldn't be
used was fixed.
* The crash bug that occurred if non-ascii newsgroup names appeared while
getting newsgroup list was fixed.
* The performance problem of the quick search while the summary was sorted
by thread date with descending order was fixed.
* Win32: The problem that the UI didn't respond occasionally when receiving
messages was fixed.
* 2.2.0 (stable)
* The move and copy of messages to queue folders and virtual folders are
* The included sylpheed.spec was modified.
* 2.2.0rc (development)
* The 'minimize to tray icon' feature was modified.
* The command line options help dialog is not duplicated anymore.
* The problem that the UI was still insensitive after the execution of
external editor failed was fixed.
* The nonstandard Japanese encoding 'x-sjis' was supported.
* Win32: The locale encoding problem on some languages was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta8 (development)
* The help of command line options was added.
* The Japanese manual was updated.
* When checking IMAP4 mailboxes, the number of new messages is properly
* The key event handling of the quick search entry was fixed.
* The wrong status display of the receive dialog on BSD systems was fixed.
* The unread flag is not reset anymore when moving or copying messages
into a trash folder.
* Some UI fixes were made.
* Win32: Some UIs for unsupported functions were disabled.
* Win32: The bug that the contents of folders with specific Japanese
characters such as 'Hyou' (which contains 0x5c ('\') at the second byte)
at the end of its name couldn't be seen was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta7 (development)
* When moving, copying, or deleting a collapsed thread, all the messages
in the thread are processed now.
* 'Mark thread as read' feature was implemented.
* The keys on keypad are also recognized in the summary and message view.
* The window size of the address book is now remembered.
* PGP passphrase is converted into locale encoding before passing to gpg.
* Arabic encoding support was added.
* The premature trimming of strings on the statusbar was disabled.
* The 'Wrap before sending' option was removed.
* The issue that it falsely entered drag begin state after passphrase
dialog was shown was fixed.
* The bug that the automatic account selection on reply was disabled on
IMAP4 folders was fixed.
* Win32: IPv6 was supported.
* Win32: Window is properly popup on multiple launching now.
* 2.2.0beta6 (development)
* The cleanup of IMAP4 message caches on exit was implemented.
* Cache files in IMAP4 folders are now properly removed on move or delete.
* The temporary passwords of IMAP4 accounts are now preserved until exit.
* 'File/Insert signature' now inserts signature into current cursor
position, and 'File/Append signature' was added for the previous
* Some dialogs are now placed at the center on parent window.
* The confirmation dialog for emptying trash is not displayed anymore if
messages don't exist in trash folders.
* Trash folders are excluded on recursive search.
* Locale encoding strings can be passed to --compose and --attach command
* Several minor bugs were fixed.
* 2.2.0beta5 (development)
* The quick search was implemented.
* The filter conditions for message status such as 'unread', 'mark',
'color-label', and 'attachment' were added.
* The window management of the export and import dialog was modified.
* Several minor bugs were fixed.
* 2.2.0beta4 (development)
* Unix: The popup menu on the trayicon was implemented.
* Unix: Clicking the trayicon now toggles the visibility of the main
* Unix: The visibility of the trayicon is now configurable.
* The context menu of the folder view on search folders was modified.
* The bug that stopped checking of new messages if search folders exist
in IMAP4 or News mailboxes was fixed.
* The renaming of search folders under IMAP4 or News folders was fixed.
* A memory leak that occurs when thread display was off was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta3 (development)
* The results of search folders are cached to speed up the next search.
* The search folder property dialog was implemented.
* The position of 'Delete' menu was changed to prevent its accidental
* The HTTP scheme is added to the URIs begin with 'www.'.
* Some trailing punctuations were included as URI.
* The bug that search folders under IMAP4 or News folders couldn't be
removed was fixed.
* 2.2.0beta2 (development)
* The forwarding of messages with attachments was modified.
* The bug that previously selected row was removed from the view instead
of currently selected one when deleting folders from the context menu
* The bug that messages with subject that includes characters that can't
be used for filename couldn't be attached was fixed.
* Windows-1252 was added for display encoding.
* After incomplete POP3 session, duplicate retrieval of messages doesn't
* 2.2.0beta1 (development)
* The major improvements of the search function were made.
- The query search was implemented.
- Search conditions can be specified with the same UI as the filter rule.
- Subfolders can be searched.
- The search folder (virtual folder) was implemented.
* The maximized window state is now remembered.
* The option "Display recipient on 'From' column if sender is yourself" now
looks for all accounts.
* The line-wrapping of composition now doesn't join enumerated lines.
* The nonstandard Korean encoding 'ks_c_5601-1987' was supported.
* The bug that the initial directory was not properly selected in the file
selection dialog with GTK+ 2.8 was fixed.
* Some other bugs were fixed.
* 2.1.9 (development)
* An option to update only INBOX on checking new messages of IMAP4
accounts was added.
* The custom queue folder can be specified for each account now.
* The progress of local filtering is displayed now.
* "Update summary" was added to the context menu of the folder view.
* Appending of messages to an IMAP4 folder was optimized.
* "Reply to all" now works for newsgroups post.
* The crash when an address in an address group was modified was fixed.
* The bug that subscribed newsgroups were removed after refreshing
subscribe dialog was fixed.
* The complication failure on some environments was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that blocked the application when enterning passphrase
for GnuPG was fixed.
* 2.1.8 (development)
* The common preferences dialog was reorganized.
* The memory usage on SMTP and POP3 session was reduced drastically.
* The last position of the composition window is remembered, and the
windows are automatically placed so that they don't overlap.
* Filtered sent messages are not put into Sent folder anymore.
* When attached text files are saved, their linebreaks are normalized
depending on platforms.
* The occasional encoding conversion failure bug on inserting a text file
into composition window was fixed.
* 2.1.7 (development)
* The spell checking feature was implemented (requires GtkSpell).
* The drop of files is allowed on the whole composition window.
* The insertion of text by drag and drop was disabled.
* The PGP interface is disabled if GnuPG is not available.
* A bug that aborted program if invalid UTF-8 text is put in the log
window was fixed.
* The pane between summary and message view became more visible.
* Reply-to-list is not enabled for subscribe confirmation request etc.
* The bug that the separator of newsgroups was broken was fixed.
* The bug that broke the summary selection when mark, unread, and
colorlabel flags were changed while the summary was sorted by them
* The bug that caused crash when quote colors dialog was closed by the
window close button was fixed.
* The bug that showed wrong value if the total size of a folder was more
than 2GB was fixed.
* Win32: The bug that occasionally the summary was not properly updated
right after messages were added to a folder was fixed.
* Win32: The problem that message strings were not translated if digit
locale environmental variable (such as "LANG=1041") was set was fixed.
* Win32: PGP sign and encryption was supported.
* Win32: The window focus problem of account and filter setting dialog
* Win32: The method of detecting executables was modified.
* 2.1.6 (development)
* The auto-save to draft of composing messages was implemented.
* The setting of default (fallback) encoding was added.
* The command line option '--exit' was added.
* The preset menu for junk mail learning commands was added, and now
bogofilter and bsfilter are selectable.
* The option to mark filtered junk mails as read was added.
* The buffer overflow of LDIF import was fixed.
* Win32: The external editor function was implemented.
* Win32: Junk mail filtering now works.
* Win32: The default junk mail learning commands were changed to bsfilter.
* Win32: Some options which are useless on win32 became hidden.
* Win32: The program icon was added.
* Win32: Some bugfixes were made.
* 2.1.5 (development)
* The command line option to specify directory which stores configuration
files (--configdir dirname) was added.
* The output headers of printed messages now match to those of the message
* Confirmation dialog is displayed instead of input dialog on printing.
* When replying to ML post that has the Reply-To set, both addresses will
* The option to delete filtered junk mails from server was added.
* The locale name 'zh_TW.Big5' was changed to 'zh_TW'.
* The problem that drag and drop didn't work with GTK+ 2.8 was fixed.
* The sample mime.types was included into the source package.
* Win32: The remote command was implemented using TCP socket.
* Win32: The drag and drop of files from Explorer was supported.
* Win32: The default print command for text file is used for printing when
the command is unspecified.
* Win32: Several bugfixes were made.
* 2.1.4 (development)
- The IMAP4 parser was fixed so that it can handle literals in response.
- A bug that caused crashes on receive if Date header has abnormal time
- Sylpheed will not close anymore even if the tray icon is closed.
o The problem that prevented the rename and move of folders was fixed.
o The problem that prevented the creation of temporary files by users
who don't have the write permission of the root directory was fixed.
o The action of Drag'n'drop now becomes move.
* Feature changes / enhancements:
- The directory with multiple hierarchy can be specified when creating
a new mailbox.
- Error messages are now output to the log window and the log file.
- The 'Create filter rule' menu was brought back in the context menu.
- The display of the property of top folders was enabled.
o SSL/TLSv1 was supported.
o The console window was disabled.
o The environmental variable APPDATA is used for the location of
o The default browser is used now when opening URL.
o The system settings will be used when opening attachments.
o The launch of executable files was disabled.
o The support of environment-dependent Japanese characters was
o The duplicate launch is prohibited now.
* 2.1.3 (development)
* The feature to save all attachments at once was added.
* The subscription dialog of newsgroups was reimplemented with GtkTreeView.
* The verification of S/MIME sigunature (PKCS#7) was enabled.
* The support of character entity references in HTML messages was improved.
* The subject line is now displayed in the title bar of the composition
* The vertical scrollbar of the folder view now shows or hides itself
* The message number columns of the folder view can be toggled now.
* The selected row of the summary view will be kept when the state of
thread display is changed.
* The selected row will be aligned to center when it reaches the edge of
the summary view on key operation.
* The code conversion error and line limit warning will not be displayed
anymore when saving as draft.
* Some code cleanups were made.
* 2.1.2 (development)
* The core parts were separated into a library (LibSylph), and its license
was changed to LGPL.
* The feature to sort the summary by thread date was implemented.
* When executing IMAP4 operations which take long time, its progress is
now displayed on the statusbar, and the UI is periodically updated.
* The number of messages to be copied at a time on IMAP4 was limited to
prevent timeout error.
* GPG and SSL settings are now saved even if they are disabled at the
* The auto detection of Japanese encoding now supports UTF-8 encoding.
* The text display has been modified a bit.
* The initial implementation of tray icon was added.
* Address fields are now normalized before sending.
* Some problems of the addressbook was fixed.
* A bug in which message/rfc822 attachments were broken when pgp-signed
* Win32: A bug in which opened sockets were not closed properly was fixed.
* 2.1.1 (development)
* IMAP4 now works with Win32 platform.
* The sorting of summary now fall backs to comparison by date.
* localedir, manualdir, and faqdir became user-configurable on configure.
* A bug that multiple selection of the addressbook with Control key
didn't work with GTK+ 2.6.9 was fixed.
* 2.1.0 (development)
* Win32 (MinGW) platform was supported.
* Many portability fixes were made.