GUI Freezing on Windows
|Assignee:||Hiroyuki Yamamoto||% Done:|
After leaving Sylpheed open for while along with a email preview window, if I try to move the email preview window it will move about a half centimeter and then freeze. When it freezes, the mouse becomes confined to the desktop region minus the taskbar region. In addition, I can no longer interact with either main sylpheed or the email preview window. This freeze will last anywhere from about 30 seconds to 90 seconds; at about 90 seconds, sylpheed crashes and it closed by Windows. I've struggled with this issue since the 3.5.0 release came out, and just today downgraded to 3.4.3 which never had this bug.
#1 Updated by Hiroyuki Yamamoto over 3 years ago
I have received several reports of similar issues,
but I cannot reproduce them yet.
Could you give me additional information?
- OS version (Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32/64bit)
- How long had you left open Sylpheed until the freeze occured?
- Any details of configuration
- separate folder tree/message view
- interval of auto check new mail
- sylpheedrc config file
#2 Updated by Tom Peterson over 3 years ago
- File sylpheedrc added
- OS is Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit
- In almost every case, Sylpheed had been open for a relatively long time (maybe 24+ hours minimum). This freezing did not occur when sylpheed was freshly opened.
- Freezing would only occur if separate message view window was open (usually for a decent period of time; 1 hour+) and if I tried to move this window by "grabbing" the titlebar to move.
- Main Sylpheed window layout is: folder tree on left, right is split with message list on top and message view on bottom
- Auto-check email occurs every 10 minutes; 6 accounts total
- sylpheedrc file is attached