- 27 Nov Sylpheed 3.5rc (release candidate) has been released.
- 06 Jul Sylpheed 3.4.3 (stable) has been released.
- 06 Jul Sylpheed 3.5beta3 (development) has been released.
- 20 Nov Sylpheed 3.5beta2 (development) has been released.
- 17 Jun Sylpheed 3.5beta1 (development) has been released.
- 10 Jun Sylpheed 3.4.2 (stable) has been released.
- 06 Jun Win32 OpenSSL security fix
- 18 Apr Sylpheed 3.4.1-test1 for Mac OS X (test version) has been released.
- 04 Apr Sylpheed 3.4.1 (stable) has been released.
- 31 Mar Sylpheed 3.4 (stable) has been released.
- 13 Jan A generic spam filter tool SylFilter 0.7 has been released.
- 06 Jan Official announcement of bug tracking system
- 05 Sep The first release of a generic spam filter tool SylFilter was made public.
- 11 Aug Request for the update of PGP public key
Sylpheed is a simple, lightweight but featureful, and easy-to-use e-mail client.
Sylpheed provides intuitive user-interface. Sylpheed is also designed for keyboard-oriented operation, so Sylpheed can be widely used from beginners to power users.
Sylpheed runs on many systems such as Windows, Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and other Unix-like systems.
Sylpheed uses GTK+ GUI toolkit. The newest version of Sylpheed works with GTK+ 2.4 or later (2.6 or later is recommended).
Sylpheed has the following features. Read more...
- Simple, beautiful, and well-polished user interface
- Comfortable operationality which is built in detail
- Well-organized, easy-to-understand configuration
- Lightweight operation
- High reliability with one-mail-corresponding-to-one-file format
- Extensibility by plug-in faculty
- Powerful filtering and search
- Junk mail control
- Security features (GnuPG, SSL/TLSv1)
- Various protocols support
- Internationalization and Multilingualization support
- High-level Japanese processing
- Flexible cooperation with external commands